- AEIP ACTIVITY REPORT - WORD OF THE PRESIDENT 2013 has been a remarkable year for the European Association of Paritarian Institutions of Social Protection. In 2013 AEIP updated its…
- Position paper on IORP II directive proposal AEIP welcomes the fact that the IORP II directive does not involve new quantitative requirements and subscribes to the idea of good governance and clear…
- AEIP-NCCMP-MEBCO 6th Transatlantic Conference – Frankfurt am Main – 11 and 12 June 2014 On June 11 and 12 the European Association of Paritarian Institutions of Social Protection (AEIP),…
- Today the European Commission adopted a proposal of directive which reviews the original directive on the activities and supervision of institutions for occupational retirement provision…
- AEIP Response to the joint EBA-ESMA-EIOPA Consultation on mechanistic references to credit ratings in the ESA’s guidelines and recommendations AEIP agrees with the proposal of definition of sole…
AEIP, the European Association of Paritarian Institutions, represents the social protection institutions jointly managed by social partners (paritarian institutions) and aims to promote the paritarian management of social protection at the EU-level. This has been its key objective since its founding in 1996.
The values supported by AEIP are based on a balanced representation of employers and employees which is a typical feature of joint management (as well as social policy emanating from collective bargaining), solidarity and transparency; this approach is complementary to that applied within the social economy.
Ultimately, its aim is the recognition of the status of the European Paritarian Institution of Social Protection as a structure enabling joint negotiations and joint management of cross-border collective agreements on pensions, health and providence schemes.
Currently, AEIP is working on several political dossiers:
AEIP also promotes studies and dissemination of paritarism in the field of social protection through conferences, seminars and publications and representation at EU-level through close contacts and cooperation with the European Commission, the European Parliament and the Economic and Social Committee.
AEIP has 25 members and 29 affiliates in 19 European countries with partnerships in the USA and Canada.
For the statutes of AEIP (currently only available in French) please click here.